You just gotta love this time of year when there’s still fresh tomatoes on the vine and the corn is coming into season.
Take advantage of it with this easy salad with just a handful of ingredients. It makes a great side for our brisket or just eat it up as a meal all on its own.
Around here we like using raw sweet corn because of the crunch, but you can also make this with chilled leftover steamed or grilled corn.
And while you’re out there picking those tomatoes from the garden, grab some fresh herbs too. They'll really brighten up the flavors of this summer side.
- 2 cups fresh corn, cut from the cob (about four ears of corn)
- 2 ½ cups cubed fresh summer tomatoes
- 3-4 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- ½ cup Martin’s Bar-B-Que Alabama White Sauce
- a few sprigs of fresh herbs (parsley, oregano or basil work best), minced
Once you’ve got all your ingredients pulled together, just toss them in a bowl and mix to coat everything evenly. Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed.
Serves about 6-8.